The Challenge

This is the journey of a 49 year old fat, really unfit woman who is determined to do her best in the tennis at the Gay Games in Cologne in August 2010.

Can she do it? Follow this blog to find out!





Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Very Big Scare

No internet access at home has made updating the blog a little difficult but there has also been one other complications. Last week I started experiencing ongoing chest pain - a dull squeezing feeling in the centre of my chest and some breathlessness. Ok - do I ignore this because I don't believe that I could possibly be having something seriously wrong with my heart or do I be sensible and take the risk of being told it's just anxiety...

Ok - so I did go to the doctor and the end result is a perfectly normal ECG but low iron and over-replaced thyroid - both of which can cause chest pain and breathlessness. And the answer is a slight modification of the thyroid medication and iron pills.

Whew...

So, I can continue training and we'll see how I go at the local tournament next week. I think it might be  case of collecting Charlotte points again but the more comp practice the better

No comments:

Post a Comment