The Challenge

This is the journey of a 49 year old fat, really unfit woman who is determined to do her best in the tennis at the Gay Games in Cologne in August 2010.

Can she do it? Follow this blog to find out!





Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Tournament

And as expected, my opponent wiped the court with me - but I did get 7 Charlotte points. That means that I made her hit the ball at least twice before she won the point. I could handle the pace but I just don't have the speed in my feet and legs to keep up with a player of that level. Still, I don't think I'll be facing a former pro player at the Gay Games.  Lots more work to be done on agility and fitness - that's for sure.

Two sets of doubles later - first set 9 Charlotte points, and 13 points in the second set!

And two clean winners hit by moi in the doubles. Yay....

We got home just in time to avoid the hail storm that swept Melbourne. Can't have been fun for the people still on the courts.

No comments:

Post a Comment