The Challenge

This is the journey of a 49 year old fat, really unfit woman who is determined to do her best in the tennis at the Gay Games in Cologne in August 2010.

Can she do it? Follow this blog to find out!





Thursday, April 22, 2010

100 days to go...

Yep, that's right - we're now in the final countdown to Cologne - 100 days until the Opening Ceremony. I'e trained pretty hard this week and the tennis is definitely improving (albeit I was beaten by a 12 year old last night 6-5).

Still, when you consider that I had been for a walk with Ev and then had walked pretty much consistently from 8.00am-4.30pm touring 6of Melbourne's prisons (it's a long story) and then played tennis, I am not too unhappy.

I am really pleased that the volcano in Iceland appears to be settling down - the last time it erupted there were explosions for six months...

Still, I am sure that with sufficient notice we coudl find alternative ways to get into Europe - perhaps via Rome. Still it's good that it ppears that we won't need to worry about that.

I've been making a little home movie about my Gay Games experience and that's been actually very useful. I've now got some footage of me playing tennis and I can see how I hit the ball. Hmm, I don't really run all that much - more brisk walking to the ball rather heavily.

No training tomorrow - my right knee is very sore (and clicking ominously) and I'm going to rest it.

No comments:

Post a Comment