The Challenge

This is the journey of a 49 year old fat, really unfit woman who is determined to do her best in the tennis at the Gay Games in Cologne in August 2010.

Can she do it? Follow this blog to find out!





Monday, April 5, 2010

The Big Prepartory Tournament

And so, we return from the Shepparton Lawn Tennis Club Easter tournament. I entered the D grade singles (lost 4-8 to one of the eventual semi-finalists); D Grade doubles (lost 4-8 to a pair including someone who played B grade singles); C grade doubles - 8-0 in the second round then lost 5-8 in the quarter finals.

The Ace Girls had won (at the last time I knew the score) the D grade singles - go Gina and the Plate singles (woo hoo Nadine).

Had a real blast playing with Denise. We make a pretty good team - a good match in temperament and a never say die attitude.



And it was great feeling like the work I'm doing on my fitness is finally  paying dividends. The only problem was the insect/spider bite on my left ankle that I got nearly three weeks ago - huge rash around my ankle, swelling and the kind of itch that makes you want to scratch your foot off! Two hours at the Epworth and now I have cortico-steroids to try.

It's only 14 weeks to go until we leave for Europe. So now we are in the final countdown. Time to get really serious...

No comments:

Post a Comment