The Challenge

This is the journey of a 49 year old fat, really unfit woman who is determined to do her best in the tennis at the Gay Games in Cologne in August 2010.

Can she do it? Follow this blog to find out!





Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm Not So Good at Losing

Last week I was beaten by a 13 year old... (7-5 in a tie break).

Tonight we won the doubles but I couldn't hold serve and lost my singles 6-4. I just couldn't crack my opponent. Really really really frustrating!!  I don't think  I played badly - she was a better player but that doesn't deal with my fragile tennis ego!!!!!

Still, I take what I did do well. I attacked her backhand pretty successfully and got a few drop shots going. Just wait until next week!

Judy and I are going to NSW on Saturday - Judy's got a gig at Camden Haven so no training on Saturday morning. Instead I get to warm up my entourage-of-one act. For any readers who don't know about Judy Small - check out  Judy's website. 

Judy is often surprised that I still like going to her gigs but I get quite a buzz out of them - she has great fans and I've had the privilege of meeting some extraordinary people because of her music and I've got to hear some tuly wonderful music.

Next  Thursday I hope to report victory... just got to keep training...

No comments:

Post a Comment