The Challenge

This is the journey of a 49 year old fat, really unfit woman who is determined to do her best in the tennis at the Gay Games in Cologne in August 2010.

Can she do it? Follow this blog to find out!





Friday, February 5, 2010

First Week Intensive

Oh. My God.

Ev has "walked" me twice. I've played tennis. And there are 22 weeks to go until we fly out to Europe.

Normally I would had a personal training session with Alicia on Saturday morning but Alicia is away. My sister, Moira, and I decided to keep faith with Alicia so we walked her three dogs in the Darebin Parklands. Not exactly strenuous but still we made the effort.

I have fallen in love with one of Moira's rescue dogs - Ariel - a 9 month old whippet cross. He's black and white, sweet natured and utterly graceful. How could he possibly have been abandoned? He's only a temporary resident with Moira - and if we had a lifestyle (and a house) more suitable, I could be tempted. I suspect our three cats might have something to say about that though...

I'll either be incredibly fit (for a nearly 50 year old) or I'm gonna be mincemeat!

I've added some new links under "Good Stuff" - one is to the group that will co-ordinate Team Melbourne and the other is the Australian Gay Games Facebook site which is full of really useful info.

No comments:

Post a Comment