The Challenge

This is the journey of a 49 year old fat, really unfit woman who is determined to do her best in the tennis at the Gay Games in Cologne in August 2010.

Can she do it? Follow this blog to find out!





Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day Four

My feet are sore!!

Not surprising when you work out that I've played 17 hours of tennis in four days. Mind you, I was reminded of home when I put my tennis socks on - they clearly bore the marks of having been one of the pairs of socks that Hari (my Brown Burmese cat) had taken to stealing from my suitcase in the days before we left.

And Judy has a new girlfriend....

Her name is Sophie..

She's five years old and has decided that Judy is the adult du jour...

I watched them this morning on the grass underneath the breakfast terrace playing a kind of football and catch with a supersized tennis ball. I'm not sure who was having the most fun! Sophie is tri-lingual. She speaks Swiss-German, German and English. She's an utter joy to watch as she skips around the hotel.

I think she is partly enamoured of Judy because Sophie collects coins and Judy has given her a full set of Australian coins. The 50cent piece has been a particular success.

Some of the other kids we see here are so formal - already in their suits and loafers - bored adult/kids...

Another five hours of tennis tomorrow, then the farewell dinner, then another 2.5 hours of tennis and the week is over. Roy has persuaded Judy to sing at tomorrow night's farewell dinner. It's been a little tricky working out what she'll sing given that most of her stuff is reasonably political and this is not exactly a left-leaning kind of group - but I know my girl and I know she'll knock their socks off!

I am having the last of my massages today - a facial treatment first (well I have been in the sun for a few days now) and then a hot stone massage. It's difficult to take but I'm managing.

No comments:

Post a Comment