The Challenge

This is the journey of a 49 year old fat, really unfit woman who is determined to do her best in the tennis at the Gay Games in Cologne in August 2010.

Can she do it? Follow this blog to find out!





Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday in Paris with 4 year old

Rhys told me that he had such fun today with me that he was in love.

He also asked why I was old and wrinkly.

Four year olds are special indeed.

I had Rhys to myself for much of the day. We went to the Bastille market - oh the cheese, the cheese, indeed blessed are the cheesemakers, bought roast chicken and then Rhys and I waved his mother and father off when they went on a 19km roller blading outing with a couple of thousand other people. This happens every Sunday, thousands of roller bladers meet at a designated spot and then skate for up to 25kms around Paris. Volunteer marshalls and police on roller blades manage the road closures and keep the group tight.

Normally, Rhys would accompany his parents in his pusher but since we were here we decided to have a little time with him and let his parents skate to their hearts' content.

We walked back from Bastille to the apartment with Rhys demonstrating his prowess in jumping off things, skipping, hopping, twirling and running really fast. He also "scared" me 5 times - 5!

We all had a nap after that and then Rhys and I went to the little playground at the foot of the apartment. It's not a particularly nice playground - I suspect it is more of a hang out for serious drinking and perhaps drugs but we were the only ones there and we had further demonstrations of leaping, jumping, balancing and other gymnastics.

My first game is a little over one week from now so tomorrow it's time to get onto a court and have a gentle hit with Judy.

1 comment:

  1. Rhys can hardly get any cuter, can he? and I don't think Fiona really wants to work at all. This is her holiday time. Kisses to all. it has been a busy day for me. mind you i went to bed last night in front of the television watching the history of christianity. i am going to give a final presentation on christian meditation in the Ignatian tradition to a meditation conference being MCed by Kevin Hume. Fun! They've never had a christian before.

    ReplyDelete