The Challenge

This is the journey of a 49 year old fat, really unfit woman who is determined to do her best in the tennis at the Gay Games in Cologne in August 2010.

Can she do it? Follow this blog to find out!





Thursday, July 29, 2010

Le Dernier Jour en Paris

Rhys has a future as a ball-kid. For one whole hour, he retrieved all our tennis balls - one by one at times and successfully dodged serves, ground-strokes and mis-hits.

I'm much happier with my serve - goes in when I relax - who woulda thought? Judy can punch the ball back all right but she's not so keen on running so I get to play sneaky shots when I play her (not that she's playing singles in Cologne).

A slack afternoon for us today because we have to pack to be ready for the 10.00am train to Cologne.

Rhys, otherwise known as "Underpants Boy" because he has a tendency to drop his dacks, is very excited about the train trip. He's only been on relatively short trips so far. I do hope he doesn't morph into Underpants Boy on the train - but on the other hand .....

2 comments:

  1. Aujourdui j'ai telephone aux copains, lave les 'sheets' de la semaine, and reconnue que j'ai oublie toute ma reconnaisance de la belle langue de la France. Merde.

    I am about to have yet another session with the eye surgeon, and then must prepare a speech on christian meditation which I am giving at the Meditation Conference that our dear Kevin Hume is MC-ing at Storey Hall, RMIT. They have every other ratbag belief system represented, why not the 2000 year old one? wish me luck . . . and take many photographs of the opening ceremony please. kisses from your Big sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. much luck, many photos will be taken - don't forget to wear your shirt on Monday and Tuesday...

    ReplyDelete