The Challenge

This is the journey of a 49 year old fat, really unfit woman who is determined to do her best in the tennis at the Gay Games in Cologne in August 2010.

Can she do it? Follow this blog to find out!





Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Allez Justine

We've just come back from watching both women's semi-finals at the Australian Open. I want a backhand like Justine's!

Serena's victory of Li Na was a real battle 7-6, 7-6. Both women are power hitters and they simply slugged it out from the baseline. It was a real war of attrition.

The Henin Zheng match was a complete contrast in styles with Henin using an intelligent combination of power, placement, spin, slice and volleying to simply outfox Zheng.

I have bought the appropriate accessories which will of course ensure my guaranteed success in the tennis in Cologne - yes?? An Oz Open gym towel, a very smart trilby hat, a key ring, and wrist bands. Yep, guaranteed success on the court.

Did I mention that my friend Rae thrashed me hollow yesterday! Maybe better check that ego in at the sidelines...

Tomorrow we go to watch Federer and Tsonga - woo hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment