The Challenge

This is the journey of a 49 year old fat, really unfit woman who is determined to do her best in the tennis at the Gay Games in Cologne in August 2010.

Can she do it? Follow this blog to find out!





Sunday, January 10, 2010

Results (kinda)

Well the results are in for the first week.... drum roll please... despite eating copious quantities of icecream, I am officially 1.5kgs lighter.

How would I rate my commitment and effort this last week - oh about 6/10. I am hopeless when it comes to chocolate and other sweet things. I did work hard at my personal training session on Saturday (thanks to the evil torturer Alicia) but my only other exercise was walking and I think I need to do more than that.

But of course I won't be doing that today - not in 43 degree heat - no sir..

We watched a heap of tennis over the weekend - simply amazed at the athleticism and stamina and skill of Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin - by far and away the best match to watch all weekend.

I have to confess to one thing though. We were watching the match on delay from Brisbane and I couldn't bear the tension so I was following the scores online about 90 minutes ahead of the Melbourne broadcast. I knew there were going to be sudden reversals and championship points won and lost ....made watching the match a whole lot easier. But I was good, I didn't let on to Judy...

It's absolutely clear that you've got to be match fit - have the stamina to sprint over and over and over again without losing technique. I think I have a very long way to go before I can claim to have anything like a moderate degree of stamina.

The Ace Girls were going to start tonight but we've been reprieved because of the weather. If it gets cooler during the week I think I'll try to get a bit of court time to get my serve going again.

This week I get the autologous blood injection in my hip that should relieve the pain I've been experiencing for over 12 months. I think I am required to rest that joint for a couple of weeks but I can still do upper body work so my aim this week is to do my personal training on Saturday and at least two other upper body workouts ... oh and to only have icecream twice.

Weight: 98.8kg

No comments:

Post a Comment