The Challenge

This is the journey of a 49 year old fat, really unfit woman who is determined to do her best in the tennis at the Gay Games in Cologne in August 2010.

Can she do it? Follow this blog to find out!





Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 3 Results

Hmm, well progress is being made - less icecream has been consumed and the scales are showing movement in the right direction.

Time to hit the tennis court! Ace Girls start again next week, and I have decided to give a regular Tuesday evening social comp a try so that I can get some match practice in a relatively un-stressed environment.

In fact, I may just take myself off to a tennis court this afternoon to throw a few serves down.

I've also started re-reading "The Inner Game of Tennis" - I want to do as well as I possibly can at the Games - it's a personal standard not to be measured by number of matches won but more by the subjective measure of how I feel about the way I've played. Well that's the theory anyway.


Weight: 97.7kgs

No comments:

Post a Comment