The Challenge

This is the journey of a 49 year old fat, really unfit woman who is determined to do her best in the tennis at the Gay Games in Cologne in August 2010.

Can she do it? Follow this blog to find out!





Friday, January 15, 2010

Doing the Hippy Hippy.... Ache

So now that I am officially staring down the barrel of turning 50 it's probably only time that I should be confronted with a doctor telling me that my cholesterol is a bit high, the Vitamin D levels a bit low and that might not be so good for me bones and by the way - you've torn a muscle in your bum and we think an injection of your own blood deep into the muscle would be a good idea.....

And - that's right - there's more - the injection will hurt for about 2-3 days and you should feel better 4-6 weeks later.

But seriously,  I have had a lot of pain over the last 16 months and nothing much has really helped so far. So this needs to work!

I've made contact with the Tennis Vic people and they run a weekly social comp at Melbourne Park (where they play the Aus Open). I need to get some regular competition to get over my horrible nerves.

Inspiration to come on Monday when the Aus Open starts - yay

No comments:

Post a Comment