The Challenge

This is the journey of a 49 year old fat, really unfit woman who is determined to do her best in the tennis at the Gay Games in Cologne in August 2010.

Can she do it? Follow this blog to find out!





Tuesday, January 26, 2010

First Game of the Summer

And as usual, Rae has thrashed me 6-2! One day I'll get more than 2 games off her!

I did do some damage though when Rae, in fierce pursuit of a short ball, tripped up and managed to graze and bruise both knees, her chin and bite her lip.

She's a trooper though, got up and insisted on continuing to play. It was a different story when we got back to my place though when I sat her down and got out the antiseptic wipe. She was calling out in agony before the wipe had even touched her! Still, she is now cleaned up, wounds are dressed and I'm hoping that there's no permanent damage!

Rae has one of the most difficult games I've ever played against - she was a top squash player and she has excellent placement - gets most balls back and angles them so that I don't have a hope!

Rae and I are playing doubles at the Games - looking forward to that. We are now discussing what we should wear - hmm - this could be the difference between winning and losing!

No comments:

Post a Comment